Definition

Silver Lining: noun. A hopeful or comforting prospect in the midst of difficulty.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Thanks

Home after a long day at clinic. Arrived before 9:00am and returned at 7:00pm. The day was somewhat typical, except that instead of pushing a wheelchair over the PMC bridge to Children's 6 North, we came home! We'll have to return to clinic each day until Olivia's body clears the medicine, but it sure beats staying overnight.

I didn't want another day to go by without thanking everyone for everything that you have done and are doing. The kindness is overwhelming. The latest example: this past weekend I received an email from a high school friend of Micheline Cacciatore, one of Olivia's ballet teachers. She had learned about Olivia through Micheline and wanted to do something. So she offered to lead us all in a little yoga! I'm still speechless.

All of you are so supportive -- calling, sending notes, sending food, taking care of Morgan, or coming by to boost Olivia's spirits. It is what keeps us going in this seemingly never-ending process. THANK YOU!





2 comments:

  1. I was listening to the radio a couple days ago and it was talking about a girl in the 4th grade with bone cancer... I thought of Olivia... and the little girl said on the radio with all of the support and her friends and family kept her moving through-out her cancer. She got better and she was "just like new" she said. And i hope it happens to Olivia ,too!!
    Hugs and i miss you,
    -amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele you are the best mom ever... I wish I could be there for you all and you know I am just a phone call away. Give my hugs and kisses to Olivia, Morgan and Chris and of course a big one for you!

    ReplyDelete