Definition

Silver Lining: noun. A hopeful or comforting prospect in the midst of difficulty.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back to Chemo

Just a quick note to say that Olivia got the okay from the surgeons on Tuesday to start chemo. Her leg is healing really well. The chemo will slow the healing down but everyone is happy with how things look.

Came in Wednesday and will go home on Friday afternoon, followed by two weeks at home. Still a long way to go but we know what to expect and in a few months Olivia will be able to start focusing on getting back on her feet!




5 comments:

  1. YAY!!! healing! yay!!! being back on her feet!!! well :( the chemo will slow down healing :(. yay!!! 2 weeks at home!!!

    till another post!
    morgan:)

    miss you tons Olivia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY *cough* except *cough* for *cough* chemo
    COUGH COUGH COUGH!!!!! hehehehe that is great news happy to hear you will be up and around soon!!!!! :) :D :)) :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a Saint Jude's commercial today. It made me think of Olivia. Part of the commercial was a girl saying "I have osteosarcoma, it's a type of bone cancer." It made me think soooooo much of Olivia and her family and what they are going through.
    well I thought you guys might want to hear this,
    morgan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia, Just wanted to let you know that we think of you each and every day! In fact, tonight at bedtime, Maddie asked me how you're doing. She asked me to say hi to you and to let you know that she's thinking of you. Keep strong, girl!! We hope to see you soon!

    Kate, Brian, Maddie and Ellie Poitras

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olivia - I saw your stitches - wow! You have some well-earned bragging rights there. I would have wanted all of those stitches counted too.

    I think about you every day and I'm glad to see/hear that you have got the ok to move onto yet another stage in this process. You're amazing!

    Much love,

    Hayley (Anne, Tim and Matty too!)

    ReplyDelete