Definition

Silver Lining: noun. A hopeful or comforting prospect in the midst of difficulty.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 13, con't.

I don't know how I counted the weeks last post. Maybe I just typed the wrong number, or maybe it was wishful thinking. In any case, THIS is the real Week 13. And we are back in the hospital.

We arrived at clinic on Monday for Olivia's routine blood draw. When we arrived, her temperature was just over 100. That, plus 0 ANC, equals hospital. I guess it shouldn't have come as a shock. This was the exact same timing of the last fever. 12 days post chemo when her counts were at their lowest. Next time I'll be more mentally prepared but I refuse to pack a bag in anticipation.

We had hoped that we would be able to leave this evening but her temperature was back up at the last check (after being normal all day). Now we really, really hope to be able to leave tomorrow!! There is no infection -- and the ANC is on the rise. Keep your fingers crossed.

Our "silver lining" for this is that since she gets fitted for a brace tomorrow morning at 8:30am, we will avoid a rush hour commute to get back here to the appt. And we just got word they are moving us to a different room -- on the "B" side (the bathroom, more space, and a window).

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get your brace!!!!!!!!!!! I miss seeing you at riding! Get better!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get fitted for the brace! COOL! another room!


    get better!!!
    Morgan :)

    Miss u a TON!!!

    ReplyDelete