Definition

Silver Lining: noun. A hopeful or comforting prospect in the midst of difficulty.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Home Stretch

When we started this blog, we vowed to keep the posts positive, and to focus on the things that were going well even when we hit a low point. With the exception of my frustration with EVERYONE regarding the rash (no, I'm still not completely over it), we've been fortunate to always have had something positive to focus on. This is not the case for everyone who goes through this, and it is at those times when we hear about someone who has recently been diagnosed, that someone's cancer has spread, or that a friend has passed because of this disease, that we realize how truly lucky and blessed we are. We also realize (again) how vulnerable we are. We know that things could turn on a dime.

So we approach these last two weeks in great, but tempered, spirits. We are still in "break" because Olivia's counts were not high enough to have chemo on Monday. But she is fever-free and the counts are on the way up. She is keeping up with school work, having PT, and exercising at home. We'll return to clinic on Monday for the 1st of the two remaining treatments.

Olivia has also finally agreed (more like caved in to my badgering) to let me tell her "wish." Not sure why she's been holding out -- must be the 13 in her. We are going to visit the set of Glee and meet the cast! Morgan has never seen the show, but she's been dying to tell everyone that she's going to "hollywood!" Two wishes in one. They both deserve it.

12 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the home stretch. Visiting the set and meeting the cast of "Glee" will be great. You all deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The wish is sooo cool! That sounds fun! and being able to meet the cast!


    ~morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news! I think of you all often so I'll continue to send healing vibes for this last cycle every time you and Olivia pop into my head! Continued love & support from a stranger who is truly moved and inspired by your journey...
    Lots and lots of luck!
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best. Wish. EVER! So excited for you Olivia!!! Tell Mr. Shue I love him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that's great! I miss you sooo much! I hope you come to (when you are up to it) riding and me and my sister morgan groom the horses! Wow! HOLLYWOOD! That's so cool! I have never seen Glee, but all of my friends will be soooo jealous. I hope the rest of your treatment goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Hollywood!!! That will be amazing!!! I am so happy that things continue to go well and I wish that everyone could be so lucky.
    Our good friend Kim Kennedy, whom I told you about previously is not so lucky. His cancer came back in his brain and his last chance at life is a clinical stem cell trial. Did you happen to see the story that the Globe did on him the other day. It's pretty amazing. You can see the Globe story on his web site at www.everybodysbrother.com
    Hang in there through the home stretch and let this all be a distant memory..
    Lots of love,
    Mrs. Cacciatore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wish! Can't wait to hear all the details when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic girl! Sooo happy to hear and know your wish came true! How exciting! I just started watching GLEE and absolutely love it! I just talked to Jillian about it the other day....Stay strong thru these next 2 treatments...I know you will and a great time with the red sox too! I am soo jealous.....give Pedroia a kiss for me..lol....You deserve it all..and more...Love you sweet pea!

    Aunt Susan xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Your wish sounds gr8! Good luck and you totally deserve it!
    Tell Rachel Berry, I LOVE her!
    ILY,
    Mizuki :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a super wish... and so well-deserved!! We're so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job avoiding the hospital with those low counts Olivia! Visiting the Glee set and meeting the cast will be a lot of fun. I'm sure they will give you the royalty treatment and you certainly deserve it. Sally wants to know how long you get to stay in Hollywood for. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olivia

    I have to admit that is a pretty cool wish...sounds like such an amazing opportunity!!

    Enjoy it!

    So glad to hear such great news on your progress through this journey! You continue to amaze Patrick and I with all that you've overcome!

    Take care!!

    Sunny

    ReplyDelete