Definition

Silver Lining: noun. A hopeful or comforting prospect in the midst of difficulty.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hey guys it's me, I just wanted to say thank you for all the support. It really makes me feel good to read all the posts. I wanted to tell you guys about a little girl that I met. So when I went in for the first set of chemo, I was put in a room with a little girl maybe like two or three years old. Her name is Phoebe. Phoebe is so funny and sweet, she just made me and my mom laugh all the time. Well the last day I spent in the hospital were probably the cutest moments with Phoebe. Her grandparents and her siblings were coming in to say hi to her and she was talking with them on the phone. She was telling them what she wanted them to bring for lunch. She was like in her little voice (that was actually very loud for her size), she was saying "I want pasta and meatballs for lunch! I love you too. OH WAIT don't forget the secret sauce! bye." It was so cute. She was always very happy and when her grandparents first told her that they were coming to see her on the phone, Phoebe got so excited she screamed "OH GREAT!" It was so nice. So that is my story of little Phoebe. I will remember her for probably a very long time.


XOXO <3 Olivia

10 comments:

  1. Olivia,what a wonderful story about Phoebe.You will have many new experiences to talk about in the weeks to come.This hot weather must keep you in your pool a lot!

    lots of love,
    grammie & papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute story! thanks for putting this up!

    lots of support,
    morgan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey its Amanda i could make a Gmail account so ill use morgans's SHHH dont tell her!! :)
    I miss you and lots of support,
    Amanda <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!!
    this a a very nice story!!
    with love
    emma<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww! thats so cute it MUST have made you feel better
    With love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you get to be such a great writer?? It must run in the family! You are so great with little kids. I bet her family was so happy that you were able to share a room with Phoebe for a little while. Hope you're still doing OK! Please continue to write. It's good for you!
    Love,
    Miss Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Olivia, This is a great story and I know you will be meeting alot of people in the next few weeks. A sweet girl like you will certainly make friends with all you meet. Keep up the great spirit and keep smiling{ It takes less muscles to smile and a lot of muscles to frown} Say hello to the rest of your family. Love Great Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading your story. I see you are meeting many others going through your same journey. I am also on crutches this summer. My nieces, Sadie's girls (Maura-5 and Effie-2) are really helping me. The boys (Charlie-9 and James-7) are working hard to bring plates to the table and many other chores. I had knee surgery on my other knee. I hope the Cape was not too hot. We are heading to CO next week to get Effie married. I will be doing a lot of Abby Camp which means all the adults leave and I babysit. Today, I had to cancel Abby Camp in Houston because I need to pack and get someone to drive me around to get ready for the trip -Mike, my boyfriend, is on duty to help. He is a good nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing that story Olivia. I can just picture those meatballs and the secret sauce! Keep writing - you tell a great story.

    Love,
    Mrs. Gregory

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olivia -

    Thanks for telling the story of Phoebe. And thanks for sharing your story with us!

    Whitney Johnson, David and Miranda's mom

    ReplyDelete