Definition

Silver Lining: noun. A hopeful or comforting prospect in the midst of difficulty.

Monday, July 12, 2010

We had our first "clinic day" today -- a weekly appt. in which Olivia basically gets monitored for how her body is taking the chemo. Exam results were "perfect," which means that she doesn't show any side effects so far. The "team" also determines when she is ready for the next treatment. (There is a mandatory 2 week break between the first drugs and the next one. We are in the second week so most likely when we go in next Monday, she will start the next drug.)

In the meantime we are taking advantage of the rest of our time by visiting the Kasparyans in Maine for a couple of days. I will work and the girls will enjoy the beach and boating with the kids.

Here's a word from Morgan:
Hi I'm Olivia's sister Morgan. It's not fun to have a sister in the hospital. Because I'm 9. And I miss her. Meanwhile I'm going to horseback riding and horseback riding camp. I miss Olivia not coming to riding. Her favorite horse is Freddie.(: (: byyyye

8 comments:

  1. Olivia, we're glad to hear your appointment was a good one. Have a good time in Maine.. enjoy the beach!

    Morgan, it was nice to see you post on here, too. Have a good time in Maine with your family and friends. We're thinking of you and look forward to seeing you in the fall.

    You're all in our thoughts.

    The Poitras Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Olivia

    We are there with you and hope for the best... I hope you are feeling good. Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about your appointment! So happy to hear you are having fun with friends.May your next tratment have good results with very little side effects.

    love and blessings,

    grammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so happy to hear your perfect results Olivia! Have a wonderful time in Maine. So glad you are getting a chance to have some fun.

    And hi to you Morgan. I hope you have fun with your sister and the Kasparyans this week. Could you have your mom send us some pictures of you riding? We'd love to see them.

    Much love,
    The Gregorys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olivia & family

    You all seem in great spirits thus far!! Keep up the good work. I love the pic of you all in silly wigs. I am glad you are up in Maine having fun. Take advantage of all the fun you can.

    Oh and I want you to know that Freddie asked me how Freddie Jr. stuffed animal is doing? Did you know that he broke out of the paddock and galloped to the store himself, snatched up Freddie Jr in his mouth and galloped out? Alf held the "getaway door". I guess it was quite the sight. Poor Gizmo, they left him behind.

    Hope you can come over for a visit here at my house sometime. Fiona would love to see you and my boarder's horses would love to meet you.

    I need you back riding soon! I miss teaching you. Love all the silly stories you all tell on the trail rides.

    Take care,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats great Olivia!!I miss seeing you at riding! It made my hard day GREAT seeing you at riding no matter how hard and upseting it was and it must be hard for you!! Stay healty
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya same here it made my hard days better seeing you at riding! Some days I was crying because I had such a bad day but then seeing you made everything better! I miss you and your funny stories!
    hope to meet up with you soon!

    -morgan :)
    p.s. Freddy misses you lots! I think when the three of us are there and tacking up I think he's looking for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Olivia,
    can you give us your home address? We keep buying postcards to send you, but they're still on my desk waiting for an address!! We're very hot here in France this summer, but when it gets too hot we can go up to the moutains after work and camp and then it's nice and cool. Hope you're having fun in Maine. Talk later. Babette + all

    ReplyDelete